1. First of all, there is no such thing as a snow day.
— Hope (@hope_eolson) February 2, 2016
2. And you’d better always have a jacket on hand.
#GrowingUpMinnesotan "it's 65 degrees why'd you bring a jacket??"
you never know… it could be snowing later.
— ?? (@awakespaces) July 17, 2015
3. Because the weather right now means nothing — give it six hours and everything could change.
#GrowingUpMinnesotan knowing if it's 75 and sunny today, it could be snowing and 30 tomorrow.
— noah (@noahhagem) July 17, 2015
4. Even our state bird is hardy enough for the winters.
5. You laugh bitterly when people complain about 20-degree weather.
6. Because our weather system just operates differently than other states’.
— Tim Post (@TimPostmanPost) December 16, 2016
7. And the concept of skimpy Halloween costumes is totally foreign to you.
you can never wear JUST your halloween costume, you had to wear your snow suit underneath as well #GrowingUpMinnesotan
— katelin?! (@raisiniall) July 16, 2015
8. You accept the presence of jello salad at every holiday meal without question.
9. You don’t have an accent, you swear! Jeez Louise!
#growingupminnesotan making fun of people for sounding like they came straight outta Fargo when you yourself sound like you came outta Fargo
— Samantha Faye Scholl (@samzeug) July 5, 2016
10. … at least not until you drink a little.
The amount of wine it takes for me to believe I don't have a strong MN accent and to get a strong MN accent are the same (half a glass)
— Katie Heaney (@KTHeaney) December 11, 2014
11. You’ll never forget to stock up for Sunday’s game on Friday or Saturday.
12. And you’ll be lucky if you leave a party within an hour of when you first started trying.
#growingupminnesotan taking literally two hours to say goodbye
— tori (@victorialynmn) July 17, 2015
13. You’ll mourn for Camp Snoopy as long as you live.
#growingupminnesotan Camp Snoopy > Nickelodeon Universe
— Vicky ??? (@PrincessDuck) July 19, 2015
14. “It’s actually closer to 15,000.”
15. Now YOU have a friend in the diamond business.
#GrowingUpMinnesotan Knowing the entire Shane Company commercial perfectly word for word
— Allen Rashid (@Al_Rashid5) July 21, 2015
16. You can’t believe the rest of the country plays it wrong.
17. 40 degrees = shorts weather.
#GrowingUpMinnesotan wearing shorts when it's 40 degrees because it's a heat wave
— Anna G (@anna_garrison) July 21, 2015
18. And 70 degrees = turn on the AC.
#growingupminnesotan we all have air conditioners because if it's not -20 we start to melt
— Snowby (@aprixis) July 20, 2015
19. And so is a condition sometimes known as snowball belly.
20. You have to give yourself a pep talk before filling up the tank in the winter.
Id rather run out of gas than stand at the pump and freeze #MinnesotaStruggles
— Whitley McDonald (@itswhittt) December 23, 2013
21. And you better not ever run out of defroster.
when you're running late af for class and don't have time to wait on the defrost pic.twitter.com/G5RzSzNYY4
— Skinny Girl (@_theskinnygirl) January 6, 2016
Just five, maybe six months of winter til spring. Hang in there!